Luzgina Ol'ga Anatol'evna, Doctor of economic sciences, professor, sub-department of economics and finance, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Kuz'mina Mariya Gennad'evna, Candidate of economic sciences, associate professor, sub-department of economics and finance, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Koshevoy Oleg Sergeevich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, sub-department of economics and finance, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Karimova Lyudmila Fedorovna, Candidate of sociological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of sociology and human resource management, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The theoretical aspects of reducing the negative consequences of sports risks receive little attention. Sports life in the country has exacerbated the problem of social responsibility in ensuring the health of athletes. In the absence of significant compensation for the healthy image of the athlete, it is proposed to use a well-known instrument – insurance. The purpose of the work is to study the reserves of ensuring social and economic consequences in the event of the occurrence of sports risks of stakeholders.
Materials and methods. Realization of goals and tasks has been reached on the basis of the research of the situations arising at the athletes and persons interested in safety of their health from 2010 for 2017 conducted by authors. The main methods of a research were mass poll, a deep interview, statistical methods of a research.
Results. Identified: features of sports insurance; deterrent problems for athletes and insurers and directions of its development in Russia.
Conclusions. Russian public culture needs to develop a mechanism for managing sports-related risks and to ensure the reliability of sports events through insurance in order to minimize negative social and economic consequences.
1. Vulakh M. G., Bratonovskaya M. S. Sport: ekonomika, pravo, upravlenie [Sport: economics, law, regulation]. 2017, no. 3, pp. 24–27.
2. Laptev V. V., Myuller D. G., Yusupov Sh. R. Mezhdunarodnyy issledovatel'skiy zhurnal [International research journal]. 2017, no. 6 (60), pp. 165–168.
3. Kosharnaya G. B., Ionova O. V. Sotsial'no-gumanitarnye znaniya [Social and humanitarian knowledge]. 2017, no. 9, pp. 263–270.
4. Pravovye akty Moskvy [Legal acts of Moscow]. Available at: moskva-pravo.ru/zakon/2009-07-15-n-27
5. Kosarenko N. N., Marenkov N. L. Strakhovoe delo [Insturance]. Moscow; Rostov-on-Don: Feniks, 2015, 608 p.
6. Ob utverzhdenii Strategii razvitiya fizicheskoy kul'tury i sporta v Rossiyskoy Federatsii na period do 2020 goda: rasporyazhenie Pravitel'stva Rossiyskoy Federatsii ot 7 avgusta 2009 g. № 1101-r [On approving the Strategy of physical training and sport development in the Russian Federation till 2020: the ordinance of the Government of the Russian Federation of August 7th, 2009 № 1101-r]. RRS “ConsultantPlus”.
7. Ofitsial'nyy sayt Vserossiyskogo tsentra izucheniya obshchestvennogo mneniya [Official website of the All-Russian Center of Public Opinion Study]. Available at: https://www.wciom.ru (accessed Apr. 27, 2018).